• I just love the man- Narendra Modi, because of his abilities & integrity.
• All else about him is tried, tested & wrought in political fire – his personal history is very unique & very special.
• Yet I refuse to be blinded.
•What compulsions of an office, let a alone a PM’s Office, makes one do in the official appointment’s best interests, as perceived by the incumbent, is never known till those moments are long past & history writers emerge from the shadows, they were cowering under when the fires were burning, to start analysing and pronouncing on all that, which alone will decide the incumbent’s legacy long after he’s gone.
• That moment for Modi is not even on the horizon. The only critique we hear in the media is the groaning complaining noises of a collapsing edifice of the Congress, long past its glory & cancerous to the Nation and itself.
• On the other hand, the ills of the Nehru-Era are tumbling out of every closet, but only after an absolute veneration of 60 & more years of being the toast of every thing connected with Indian independence & development from pre-independence times up to 2014.
•Surely the “Nehruvian” exposures needed some effort on the part of all those who are uncovering them, today.
• The intent to decimate the opposition once for all is not difficult to decipher, however isn’t the time, money & effort spent on excavating Nehru, going a bit too far now?
• Why is such a costly crutch required to promote and maintain Modi at the PMO, remains unanswered because neither does Modi need it nor is it assisting him to convert larger numbers of Congress men to his fold.
• Lets face it whatever ills Nehru did or not, he was at a place in time that he simply had to do a lot of good too, that cannot be dispelled by sheer rhetoric and perverted media formulations.
• Modi too has arrived at a similar point and place on Indian timeline! – Times when India needs major changes.
• However, today is only ‘a-step-up’ built on all previous stoic solid steps with maybe greater epic civilisations providing foundation deeper beneath; But India is not a make believe beleaguered castle that just floated by in the air for BJP to save.
• The good, the bad and the ugly have all contributed to its level today.
• How good each step was is known only by the support it provides to the ‘N’th step ahead that gives a bird’s eye view, not earlier.
• Hence comparisons are weapons being used because it suits the present wave that itself will be put to such scrutiny & judged much later in time.
• Why did Nehruvian exposition not happen immediately after Independence? This is “explained” by both sides in two very different versions today, especially easier in retrospect.
• Hence the constant ‘hate-Congress’ static we hear in the media raises questions about itself & its necessity.
• Such hate campaigns appear to yelling ‘Help-Modi’ to continue as PM!
• I don’t think, Modi needs such pulling down of poster boys of Indian history now! It’s sullying the Modi’s benevolence & maturity to absorb an adolescent & awkward past!
• Pre-2014, the break-in period for Modi was very different. Then Modi was being introduced, now he’s to consolidate the new and the left overs.
• Pre-2014 electioneering rhetoric is now actually abusing the abusers.
• However, I really pray that as usual history does not repeat itself one way or another, when this triumphant BJP in the near future will start looking like a beleaguered Congress of today if it does not redirect all these funds, energy, innovative thoughts etc to Nation building rather than build new catchy rhetoric, irrespective of what trolls would say.
• The PMO India, is the most dynamic Office in the World today simply because India is neither here nor there, in most of the issues of administration, policy, strategy, all affairs of the home, foreign, economy, commerce, et-al that will convert India to a greater country in today’s World, than the limited World Ram chose for his Lilas, in the physical form.
• Our shifts from a USSR backed modelling to the Western backed one, with all the resources, technology, markets & potential economy, while wanting to have a friendly foot across the Himalayan divide too, also make the PMO’s Office one of the most happening places in the World.
• A very envious time for a leader wanting to leave a mark in not just Indian antiquity but in the World history too.
• We in India cannot afford to loose this opportunity to cleanse ourselves – our systems, our ethos, our perceptions of ourselves, et-al off the existing structures & mind-sets.
• Despite the above there’s a very big danger!
• Are we seeing a similar blind emotional wave carrying Modi’s BJP today, that carried & kept a Nehruvian Congress at the helm for 60 plus years with all the fallacies we are being told about today?!
• Political manoeuvrings meander far & near the truth only for convenience.
• Therefore, with politicians, I prefer to be very careful, ultra watchful until the very last moment, I therefore prefer to listen to all sides & as many views as I can.
• Democracy levies that responsibility on me and no one who wishes to partake of democratic freedom can afford to ignore it unless s/he chooses to remain blind for whatever reason.
• The more critical views do not seem to bother Modi or his following, much; but I simply love to know more about them, because if wrong they will cement my support to him even more than the fact that I consider him to be the very & the only best there is today! Else the obtuse will educate me for the better.
• However, to close my eyes to the critical and give him a blind and emotional clean chit for the next 5 or 10 years or more in the Centre, even if there’s no choice?- Not yet or so fast, Sir!
• We just haven’t arrived at that point, yet that we can even start judging Modi.
• I will take every day as it comes and give him & his team, daily reports only for every day he remains in power, as rationally as possible before passing any ‘total’ judgement on him.
• I can never provide him or any other politician an emotional carté-blanché.
• My training as a Defence Officer and experiences in cleaning the left overs of all seducers of opportunity & power, across political alignments of BJP, Congress, TMC, NCP, et-al, do not allow me the freedom to allow any of these power-brokers a puritan halo.
• Some perspectives:
– My Opinion?
Yes, Modi is by very far the most promising political leader I have seen in 60 years.
–Is he squeaky clean?
Seems so. He couldn’t have dealt with corruption & the corrupted as he does, otherwise.
–Will he remain so?
Only he can say and the rest can only speculate.
-Am I ready to speculate?
No I should not, as no one else should in a democracy.
–Any reasons & examples for the caution?
Yes, the OROP for starters.
–Why is he not able to do what he had promised during elections?
Modi’s compulsions may exactly be, what may have happened to Nehru’s promises before & after Independence, sitting in India’s Chief Executive’s Office and dealing with priorities, of the pressures, of the office!
-Highly raised expectations, low resources, a very leaky administration and just too many to please.
–Should we support Modi?
Definitely, India has never come so close to self-audit, self-critique or promised itself so many changes even at the cost of self-inflicted pains like GST & what have you!
• We must support this wonderful process with the hope that it has been set rolling by Modi and is only awaiting more momentum!
• Support it with all our hearts and spirits and resources and endeavours; But keep your ears to the ground, and eyes peeled.