THE WAR WITHIN- FAULT LINES IN THE GOVERNMENT
Are we harming our our Nation due to petty fiefdoms between the Ministries of Defence & Home and in the Ministry of Defence between the Uniformed and Civilian Officers & employees? Within the Defence Services, between the Senior Generals and Juniors Generals? Between the Generals & Other Officers? Between Officers & JCOs & NCOs?
• Either the sentiments are running very high, or these are the perceptions being spread by people inimical to the Nation. However this can happen only of it is “seen so by the public and the Defence Forces Personal” starting with the Jantar-Mantar event and et all, while the Senior Defence Hierarchy & the MoD chooses to remain silent?!
• This is what an external enemy would want to happen in our camp and Defence Services.Is that what our IAS, IPS & Political Class are doing it to that part of the Nation they do not associate with or look down at?.
• Is not important enough for the Prime Minister to be seized of and issue in detail and these fires before they consume the spirits of the most essential services of not just the Defence Services but also the entire Nation? Is it not time of setting Defence Services free by enabling the Police well enough to deal with all Civil security issue within the National including that of Parades etc? Why is Justice not fast and as ruthless enough, as in the Defence Forces, for the IAS & IPS for all the Lapses that cause civil unrests due to sheer bad administration and lack of real-time intelligence reports? Why are Defence Services called out to deal with insurgents in, home grown insurgencies in Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and NOT the Police?
• Further, the morale of Defence Services that are doing Administrative & Policing Jobs in every open bore well with a child fallen into it, to fighting insurgents are insulted by the Politicians, Administration and Police, even when they are in Uniform and Publically?
• What does it do to add or take away, the sheen off the Prime Minister’s talks and promises to his Nation’s Defence Forces?
• These are intrinsic and extremely important as well as sensitive issues that need immediate action.
• I wish to share a forward from a What’sApp group that illustrates the growing frustration amongst the Defence Services and amplifies the above mentioned clearly :-
(Reproduced as received)
“…. 1. Hundreds of Army, Navy and Airforce officers in ceremonial uniform carrying valid non-transferable passes issued in their names for Republic day parade by MHA were denied entry to their designated enclosures today morning, by the police.
2. Passes were for enclosures dedicated for Defence personnel. Police cited that the enclosures were already full.
3. Never in my life have I felt so shamed and humiliated donning this uniform, than on this Republic Day when my son looked at me questioning the status of Army Officers viz a viz Police Sub Inspectors.
4.The CMP personnel on duty looked as cluless as they always do in civil areas.
5. Delhi Police was telling Defence Officers & Soldiers in their ceremonials to go and sit in general public enclosures .While some Officers resisted citing being in their Uniforms and pushed around in general public would not be appropriate, the SI, ASI and 2 star ASP’s had the audacity to say “why r u donning uniforms, its ur problem pl go and sit in general public enclosures.”
6. When questioned about how seats were “Full” by hundreds as the passes were non transferrable and issued on officers names the police said – ” its first come first serve basis”; Hiding the fact that there were far greater no of Civilians of MOD, MHA and Police along with their relatives and extended families occupying the seats.
7.Today I want to ask my brother officers:
a. How long do we take this step motherly treatement ?
b. How long we keep quite in the name of discipline that keeps us mute to injustice being done to us.
c. How long before we question our own seniors, likes of whom I saw today donning single stars (Brigadiers) begging SI’s to let them in and let the rest rot as they were senior .” I’d expect them to take a stand with us”.
d. How long before we relaise that we cannot let others treat us like rugs and have to question our superiors who in their petty gains have sold our self respect and honor.
8. Is this why our comrades have laid their lives for ? 😔
“VERY SAD, TODAY MY SON HAS RESOLVED THAT HE WOULD NEVER JOIN THE FORCES AS “ARMY OFFICERS HAVE NO STATUS OR SAY” 😔 …..”
• It is very high time for the Politicians, IAS & IPS to be called to account for all Lapses in the Nation.
• The right to recall MLAs even Ministers is an immediate requirement.
• The IAS & IPS must be put under an Army Act kind of an Act enacted under Constitutional arrangements to really make them independently as accountable, swiftly and surely as an Army Officer is in any situation.
• Are the IPS & IAS officers really accountable for anything serious?
• If so we do not see them being given Summary Punishments like being jailed for the situation in Manipur and putting lives of lakhs of people in jeopardy? How many died due to lack of power, lack of speedy transportation, etc. The list is very long to be recounted here. Neither the Politicians nor the IAS, IPS is to blame? Only insurgents from across the border have created the situation, are alone to blame and INDIA is a sitting DUCK waiting for the Army to sort out the issue?
• The enemy is not across the borders or in the jungles. It is in our offices, in the complacent minds of our Administrative Systems, in the actions of our Police Forces, in the attitude of Lordship of our Politicians, who are not just chipping away but chopping away at the morale of not just of our Defence Services but also the People of India.
• Time for stringent measures is now slipping away. Soon these Administrators will have a stronger hold on their Politicians who they will be helping during elections of all hues and places.
• When will Prime Minister Strike Surgically on Political, Police and Administrative Corruption? The Second Term may be too late. By them the administrators will have caught major players of the Legislature in a vice like grip and the one chance India has will have been lost to another new Cosy Lutyens Club even if of another colour.
• The One Leader , Nation is Sure will act on all kinds of ills India faces, is Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• We desperately, await Your action, Sir.